We hope you’ve had an enjoyable summer of boating, but it’s time to think about Winter!
We have already noticed the change in weather and with fewer occasions to use your boat it’s important to properly prepare for the winter season.
A winter service is essential to the long term health of your engine.
No matter what size or type or how much use it has had, leaving contaminated oil in the engine over the winter will lead to greater wear and tear and reduced engine life.
Arranging your winter service and winterisation now takes away the worry and sleepless nights when the weather forecasters predict a sudden cold snap. Take away the worry and contact our service department, Golden Arrow Marine.
A clean and polish will help to protect your boat. Mould and moss have less to cling to if the boat is clean and the crevices are free of dust and dirt. It is also a good idea to inspect the hull for cracks or blisters.
For winter craning and hard standing packages, marine repairs, maintenance, refits, overhauls, mast stepping, hull polish, antifoul, valet, joinery etc. contact Claire at Salterns Boatyard.
T. 01202 707391 E. firstname.lastname@example.org
Remove anything that could cause a smell and remove soft furnishings that could get damp and moldy.
Disconnect water pumps and drain them. Any water left in the pipes could freeze and cause splits.
- To stop condensation in fuel tanks, they should be full.
- Fuel should be treated with a stabiliser to keep it fresh and prevent corrosion.
- Prevent batteries from freezing or degenerating by keeping them charged.
- Remove soft furnishings wherever possible to prevent damp and mould.
- Ensure your boat is covered.
- Visit your boat from time to time to turn over the engine, charge the batteries and inspect. Or contact Salterns Marina Reception should you like us to check anything for you.
T. 01202 709971
We hope you find our tips useful. If you need any help or advice we would love to hear from you.