Bournemouth and Sandbanks is one of the top UK holiday destinations and our prime position at the Harbours entrance, enviable views over Brownsea Island and proximity to Sandbanks peninsula means we are committed to the growth and development of the Salterns Site.
In 2016 an ambitious planning application was granted to rebuild a stunning new Hotel with spa and restaurant facilities and new accommodation and retail spaces for our tenants at the Quay edge.
You can read more information in our Frequently Asked Questions below.
When did work begin?
Why has the hotel been removed?
Where has the BOAC plaque be relocated?
The Blue plaque has been safely relocated to the front of The Deck at Salterns. This summer Alfresco Bar & Kitchen is brought to you by the same team who previously managed the Salterns Harbourside Hotel. We are very proud of the part the Salterns site played in WW2 and the flying boat missions and is something we will want to celebrate for future generations.
Where can I book my sea-doo or PWC in for servicing?
The Offshore Performance service and maintenance buildings behind the existing showroom are remaining and our engineers are here to help and work on your crafts all through the year as normal. You can call our Service Manager on 01202 706359 for sales and servicing enquiries.
Will you be replacing the Sea-doo showroom?
For the immediate future we will not be re-creating a new showroom. We will have Sea-Doos on display at the main Marina office and our Golden Arrow Marine showroom in West Quay Road, Poole. The MY22 range is selling fast again as more people look to enjoy water sports in the local area. You can call us on 01202 706359 to speak to our team and order a new ski today.
Is Salterns Boatyard affected and how do I book in my boat for a lift or re-launch?
The Boatyard remains unaffected and work can continue on your boats – this includes winter and spring services and preparations, lifts outs and re-launches. You can call the experienced team on 01202 707391
Will I still be able to park in the main marina car park
Yes this Car Park is unaffected and if you have a valid Member parking permit you just need to display this as per normal.
Is the car park toilet and shower block still open for use?
Yes – all toilet, shower and laundry facilities at both locations are unaffected.
Is the marina office and security team open as normal?
Yes our reception, bosun and security teams remain here to help 24/7 and located in the main Marina Office building.
Can I still refuel at the fuel pontoon?
Yes the fuel pumps are open as normal and currently not affected by any site works.
Is the chandlery affected?
No the Chandlery is unaffected by any site the works at this stage.
What is the next phase of works?
The work scheduled was approved by BCP Council in July 2020 and is as follows. Please note that timings may be affected by COVID19 restrictions
- The construction of on and off site highway works
- Demolition of existing buildings and structures on site to enable re-development.
- Ground works to enable the construction of replacement buildings to include surface and foul water infrastructure, phased remediation works as well as laying out the site to enable construction to take place
- The construction of the new flood wall
- The construction of the hotel, hotel and marina car parking and marina facilities together with suites, managers suite, treatments rooms, relaxation room, swimming pools, gymnasium, changing facilities, restaurant and function rooms, bars, changing rooms and shower facilities.
- The construction of the multi storey building comprising 54 flats, together with car parking
- The construction and laying out of all residual hard and soft landscaping