Bournemouth and Sandbanks is one of the top UK holiday destinations and our prime position at the Harbours entrance, enviable views over Brownsea Island and proximity to Sandbanks peninsula means we are committed to the growth and development of the Salterns Site.
In 2016 an ambitious planning application was granted to rebuild a stunning new Hotel with spa and restaurant facilities and new accommodation and retail spaces for our tenants at the Quay edge.
THE DECK AT SALTERNS
See full information below (3rd question)
You can read more information in our Frequently Asked Questions below.
When did work begin?
Why has the hotel been removed?
Summer 2021 - The Deck at salterns
Great news – outdoor drinks and dining is back!!
From Friday 16th July The Deck at Salterns opens on the former Salterns Harbourside Hotel site. This new outdoor Alfresco experience is brought to you by the same catering team who managed the previous hotel. You can expect the same friendly service, quality food and beverages as well as the all important amazing views over Sandbanks and Brownsea Island.
Please bear with the team whilst they get to grips with the new layout and fully outdoor seating layout. There is some shelter under the Deck immediately to the left of the Bar but the majority of seating is open to the elements. The team will be working on opening up the Gazebo for private bookings and hire over the coming weeks (this will accommodate seating for 6 people).
No booking is necessary for the seating and the Deck is being run as a fully outdoor facility with ordering from the window hatches.
For Berth Holders and Members of Salterns Marina a 10% discount on all food and beverages will be applied – just show your membership card to the team when ordering.
Light bites, pizzas, coffees and drinks will be available all week round – take at look at the menu here
The Deck at Salterns Full Information:
- The Cabin is currently open the following hours:
- 10:00 – 22:00 Monday – Thursday and Sundays
- 10:00 – 23:00 Fridays & Saturdays
- Opening hours may vary and the Deck may be closed on days of very bad weather
- Dogs under supervision are very welcome
- Children are also very welcome. Please note currently there are no highchairs and baby changing facilities are in the main toilet provisions at the Marina Quay
- Disabled toilets are located in the main Marina car park a short distance from The Deck. The gravel may not be suitable for some customers. The lawn and bar ordering points are located across gravel with some steps
- There is no table service and drinks are ordered at the hatch
- Payments are to made at the point of ordering (both card and cash payments possible).
Where has the BOAC plaque be relocated?
The Blue plaque has been safely relocated to the front of The Deck at Salterns. This Alfresco Bar & Kitchen is brought to you by the same team who previously managed the Salterns Harbourside Hotel. We are very proud of the part the Salterns site played in WW2 and the flying boat missions and is something we will want to celebrate for future generations.
Can I still park at the car park near the Boatyard?
The old hotel car park near the Boatyard is now open, please bear with us whilst we finish some new parking bays and lines in July 2021. If you have a member parking permit you’ll be able to park at the main Marina car park.
Will access to the versa docks be affected?
Where can I book my sea-doo or PWC in for servicing?
Will you be replacing the Sea-doo showroom?
Is Salterns Boatyard affected and how do I book in my boat for a lift or re-launch?
Will I still be able to park in the main marina car park
Is the car park toilet and shower block still open for use?
Yes – all toilet, shower and laundry facilities at both locations are unaffected. There are also new toilet facilities for customers of The Deck located behind the Bar area.
Is the marina office and security team open as normal?
Can I still refuel at the fuel pontoon?
Yes the fuel pumps are open and not affected by any works at the Entrance.
Is the chandlery affected?
What is the next phase of works?
The work scheduled was approved by BCP Council in July 2020 and is as follows. Please note that timings may be affected by COVID19 restrictions
- The construction of on and off site highway works
- Demolition of existing buildings and structures on site to enable re-development.
- Ground works to enable the construction of replacement buildings to include surface and foul water infrastructure, phased remediation works as well as laying out the site to enable construction to take place
- The construction of the new flood wall
- The construction of the hotel, hotel and marina car parking and marina facilities together with suites, managers suite, treatments rooms, relaxation room, swimming pools, gymnasium, changing facilities, restaurant and function rooms, bars, changing rooms and shower facilities.
- The construction of the multi storey building comprising 54 flats, together with car parking
- The construction and laying out of all residual hard and soft landscaping