Bosun ‘Winter Care’ Package
New for 2021 – The Bosun ‘Winter Care’ Package – We can remove all the hassle and organisation of the pre winter preparations for you – book the ‘Winter Care’ service and our Bosun team will do the following preparations on your behalf.
- Empty your fresh water tanks
- Empty your black & grey tanks
- Isolate your tanks
- Clean and empty your bilges
- Check your skin fittings are in working order
- Place corrosion guard on applicable areas
- Check battery areas for corrosion and battery levels – and advise if any works needed to be carried out
- Top up fuel tanks for the winter to avoid condensation (fuel charges to be applied)
- Check your lines/fenders and boat covers are secure and advise if necessary
- Check your fridges are empty and ready for winter
All for just £399 (plus fuel costs). Email the team at email@example.com to get booked in.
The History of Salterns Marina – Our history and heritage dates back well over 200 years with the name ‘Saltern’s’ originating from when the area was active in salt-making. Between 1943-48 the site was used as the Flying Boat Headquarters and was Britain’s only active Airport. The term airport originates from sites such as Salterns where sea planes would land from the ‘Air’ into a ‘Port’. These traditions may have evolved but Salterns still stands for exceptional standards and trailblazing engineering. By the 1970’s the old quay and pontoons were transformed into a luxury Marina for yachts and motorboats – all of which you see today and offers our Berth Holders and visitors panoramic views over Brownsea Island and the sandbanks peninsula.